Sunday, August 10, 2008

Weekend Fun!

I wish I had pictures of our weekend to accompany this post, I will have to get more savvy on how to get pictures on the computer, that is if Ted remembers to take the camera with us when we go on adventures!

This last weekend Ted and I went to the Seward County Fair. I really like county fairs because they remind me of fairs when I was little. The best thing at the fair was the Figure 8 races. In the words of Ted "it's so redneck!" For those who don't know what I am talking about, it is a dirt track with a tractor tire on each end. The "cars" (look like demolition derby cars) drive a figure 8 around each tire. It is really a hoot! They collide and dirt flies. I think what I enjoy most is watching the gaggle of high school girls prance around the ring annoyingly getting the attention of any boy in the area and the "city" girl whose boyfriend sits her in the front row and gets mud/dirt on her every lap.

We also enjoyed looking at the exhibits in the 4-H barn and the adult exhibits in the Ag Pavilion. I was amazed at some of the hand quilts submitted, they were beautiful. Ted is thinking about entering in some of his photography next year, he would really like to go on to the state fair.

We had a good time. We didn't make it to Rib fest in downtown Lincoln, the first time since we have been together. But poor Me kept falling asleep and Ted is too sweet to disturb his sleeping beauty!

No comments: