Thursday, November 13, 2008

Work!

I have been getting many questions about work and thought I would share with all. Work is work. At times I enjoy it and at other times I wish I was somewhere else. But I do love it most days. At times my job can be stressful as I come from a progressive state and Nebraska often seems as if it is still in the 50/60s. But I know I am doing great things, I know the Lord is doing great things through me.

I found out today that a new co-worker of mine has resigned, I really liked her, so she will be missed greatly. But I also found out that I can laterally move into her position which is a permanent position. Which means I would be a permanent employee and would do more of what I love. This job would be working mostly with sex offenders. I know what many of you are thinking, how could you work with those type of people? I didn't think I could at first, but let me tell you I think it is a calling from God. It seems so many times I had people mention being a sex offender therapist and I would always say no, until now. This inpatient program in corrections is amazing! It is using DBT (Dialectical Behavior Therapy) which is a new concept and is quite successful. I am currently working with sex offenders about 35% of the time and really enjoy it. Don't get me wrong, it can be difficult at times hearing their stories, but it is great to watch these folks change.

1 comment:

C.U.T.R. "Clean Up the Registry" Ohio said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.