Sunday, September 14, 2008

Update

I haven't blogged in a while and unfortunately I don't have a cute excuse, just been busy. So what's happened in the last week or so... I am still loving my job, it is quite a surprise, but I guess when you finally listen to the Lord and follow through with his plans, people tend to be happier.

Ted's dad Robert went into the hospital last Sunday (9/7/08). He had been not feeling well for a couple days prior, with one visit to the ER in which they thought he was dehydrated. But on Sunday they were able to diagnose another problem, his gallbladder was no longer serving him well. So on Monday they went in to clean out his bile duct and on Tuesday the gallbladder said "Adios". He went through the surgery well. I know many people have said, "it's just the gallbladder". But with Bob's poor health, any time he goes under the knife we worry about the recovery from the anesthesia. He went home Friday. I think we will pay them a visit today.

Ted and I closed my "Private Practice" office on Friday (9/5/08). It was nice to close that phase of my professional career, but hard to realize I failed at that endeavor. Knowing that if I had more resources, I would have been more successful. But I can accept it didn't work out. I enjoy working for "the man" and getting benefits, paid sick leave, paid vacation and paid holidays. I didn't have those things in my own practice.

Saturday (9/6/08) we enjoyed watching the Husker game (well, not really, it was pathetic until the fourth quarter) at Buzzard Billy's with Ted's brother Mike (aka Butch) and wife Kelly. Then it was a family birthday party for Phyllis and Bob whose birthdays are 9/4 and 9/6. I won't mention the frustration that surrounded that gathering, lets just say these people don't plan, and I come from an event planning family.

No comments: